Table of contents
🎯 Modernizing with Serverless-First Approach
🎯 Architecture Patterns for building Serverless-App.
Benefits of Serverless Computing (Lambda) ⚡
- No infrastructure provisioning, no management
- Automatic scaling
- Highly available and secure
Pattern 1. Serverless Web Applications - Serverless Backend
Use-case 1: Performance Dashboard Solution
- A managed API platform that is compatible with OpenAPI
- From edge to private APIs (Edge, regional, access to VPC and private APIs) + From API to any endpoint (inside or outside of AWS Cloud).
- Monitored & traced via CloudWatch and X-Ray.
- Super easy Lambda Integration.
- A wide range of features - models, cache, and usage plans
Pattern 2. Serverless Web Applications - GraphQL Serverless Backend
Managing Costs for Serverless Workloads
- [x] Lambda Power Tuning: Utilize Lambda Power Tuning to decide how much memory to allocate to lambda functions to achieve the right performance and cost balance.
- [x] Compute Optimizer is a passive approach that uses machine learning algorithms to analyze the function executions and recommend changes to enhance performance and reduce costs.
- [ ] Lambda - Provisioned concurrency
- [ ] Lambda - Log tuning
- [ ] Lambda – AVX2
[Performance Dashboard] Path to Modernization
[x] Step 1. Strategy
- [ ] Re-platform
- [ ] Refactor
- [x] Build New
[x] Step 2. Pilot
- [ ] Move to manage
- [x] Build new with serverless
[x] Step 3. Define
- [x] Development practices
- [x] Operational expertise
- [x] Deployment best practices
- [x] Cost management & governance
[ ] Step 4. Optimize
- [x] Decrease build & deployment time
- [ ] Increase TCO
- [ ] Increase time to market
[ ] Step 5. Scale
- [ ] Organization wide
- [ ] Critical workloads
- [x] Global reach
✍️ Accelerate your organization-wide adoption (Define | Optimize | Scale):
- [ ] Enable Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) for Cloud Native apps
- [ ] Establish a Shared Services Platform (SSP)
- [ ] Build a community